God’s Work Our Hands weekend on September 8 and 9 will offer a variety of serve opportunities for members of all ages! In preparation of the weekend, we are in need of donations for several projects. Can you help with the following?
- New and used children’s books and large print adult books for the Reading Matters program.
- Adult magazines, such as National Geographic, Smithsonian, Time, US News) for the Lancaster County Jail library; magazines should be no more than two years old.
- 2 yards (44″ wide) twill or heavier fabric and thread for book bags for Reading Matters program.
- Legos – New and used to be donated to foster children through Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA).
- Personal care items and cleaning supplies for OpeN Shelf, the UNL Lutheran Center pantry for college students; items, such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, body wash, shampoo, deodorant, Kleenex and surface cleaning supplies, are needed.
- School supplies for Lutheran World Relief School Kits – Pick up a card from the display in the Commons listing what we need to complete 300 kits.
- White men’s athletic socks and lip balm for Matt Talbot Kitchen & Outreach Sock Kits.
- Food items for People’s City Mission sack lunches for the homeless, the worker’s lunch on Sunday, September 9, and snack packs for Matt Talbot Kitchen & Outreach – Sign up in the Commons starting August 18.
Please bring all donations to the church after August 18. Contact Sunni for more information.